Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the Walking Stars Half Marathon on 2 December held in Alexandra Gardens and Melbourne City ("The Event") organised by Cancer Council Victoria ("the Organiser").
- The completion of the entry form and payment of the entrance fee constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Terms.
- The Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and cancels any previous agreement, understand and/or arrangement, whether written or not. Any variation to the Terms must be in writing and signed by both parties.
- Online entries to the Event will be open until 11:59pm on 25 November 2017.
- Entries on the day of the Event will be accepted up to 1 hour prior to the start time of the Event provided that the Event has not reached capacity. The Organiser cannot guarantee that entries will be available on the day of the Event and encourage all participants to enter on line.
- To be eligible to participate in the Event you must:
- Have completed signed and returned an entry form;
- Have paid the entrance fee in full by the due date;
- Match the identification details on the entry form (entries are not transferable);
- Be over 16 years of age at the date of the Event or have the consent of and be accompanied by a parent or guardian;
- Attend the pre-event briefing;
- Have written on the back of your race number your name, emergency contact name and phone number and any medical conditions;
FEES AND PAYMENTS
- The entry fee for the event is $49 for entries made (and payment received) before 31 July, $59 for entries and/or payments received up to 30 September, $75 for payments received up to 31 October and $99 thereafter.
- The entry fee is due on completion and submission of the entry form ("the due date").
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
- You agree that:
- Prior to beginning training for the Event you have sought medical advice;
- If you have a medical condition that may require attention you have obtained your doctor's clearance;
- You consent to receive and pay for any medical treatment, including from a hospital, clinic or physician or transport by an ambulance, if the treatment is deemed necessary by the Organisers or their agents before, during or after the Event.
- The use of your name, image, photograph, video and comments may be used in any publication or marketing.
- You agree that:
DURING THE EVENT
- On the course you must at all times:
- WALK, not run;
- Remain on the designated course;
- Treat all roads as OPEN to traffic;
- Be familiar with the map, which will be provided to you in your event pack and is also available prior to the Event on the website;
- Obey volunteers who will be situated at all road crossings and turns in the course;
- Obey all traffic laws and regulations;
- Keep to the left of the course to allow people to pass on the right;
- Be courteous to fellow participants;
- Be aware of vehicles exiting from driveways, business addresses and side streets along the course;
- Ensure that your race number is attached to the front of your shirt and is visible at all times;
- Not stop or change directions suddenly;
- Abide by any advice given by medical officers regarding your health;
- Complete the Event within 7 hours from the start time.
- The following are Prohibited on the course:
- All forms of wheeled conveyance including bikes, skateboards, cycles, rollerblades, pram/buggies;
- iPod/mp3 players;
- Dogs/ pets/ animals;
- All non-participants and non-eligible persons.
- On the course you must at all times:
TOILET AND WATER FACILITIES
- There will be "pit stops" these will have water and toilets. Toilets will also be available approximately 7km and 15km from the start.
- The Organiser cannot guarantee the availability of these facilities and you are responsible for providing your own drinking water.
INDEMNTY AND ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
- You agree to indemnify all persons, corporations, associations and bodies involved in promoting or staging the Event and their servants, agents,
representatives, officers, employees, sponsors and volunteers, including the Organiser.
- The indemnity in clause 6.1 extends to all liability for injury, loss or damage of any nature however caused connected to your participation in the Event whether or not the Organiser has been negligent.
- You agree to release the Organiser together with all other persons, corporations, associations and bodies involved in promoting the event from all actions, law suits, claims, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, penalties and fines however arising (including negligence).
- You accept that participation is at your own risk, that risk may include but is not limited to over exertion, dehydration, injury, loss of personal belongings and accidents with other participants or spectators.
- You are advised not to participate in the Event if you have had a fever or cold in the past week or have a hangover as these can contribute to exhaustion, dehydration or life threatening heatstroke;
- You agree to indemnify all persons, corporations, associations and bodies involved in promoting or staging the Event and their servants, agents, representatives, officers, employees, sponsors and volunteers, including the Organiser.
- Failure to comply with these Terms will result in you being ineligible to take part in the Event and/or your withdrawal from the Event.
- Any participant withdrawn from the Event will not be entitled to a refund of the entrance fee.
- If for reasons beyond control of the Organiser the Event has to be cancelled or postponed you will not be entitled to a refund of the entry fee or claim for any loss whatsoever.
For terms and conditions for fundraising gifts, please see here.