On the night
Where will you be walking?
The Walking Stars half marathon takes you on a 21.1km city route. You will go on a magical, starlit walk past some of Melbourne’s finest sights. To avoid last minute changes as a result of unforeseen building or road works, the final route cannot be finalised until two weeks prior to the event.
|7:00pm||All walkers arrive|
|8:00pm||Health and safety briefing|
|8:20pm||Walking Stars warm up|
You must select your start time upon registration. For health and safety reasons this time cannot be changed on event night.
If you wish to register and pay on the night, you may do so at the Registration Tent in Alexandra Gardens between 6:30-8:00.
What to wear
On the night you’ll need to shine bright and be comfy so here is our checklist of what you’ll need:
- Comfy sneakers. Don’t wear new sneakers - make sure these are the shoes that you trained in;
- Breathable clothing, a rain jacket and an extra layer;
- Walking Stars t-shirt (this is in your event pack if purchased);
- Walker bib number and back sign (these will be in your event pack);
- Wear bright colours, glow in the dark items, reflective tape, face paint, anything you like! Be creative, dress up and have fun! There will be some great prizes for those with the best accessories!
What to bring checklist
- Safety pins (to secure your bib and back signs);
- Walker bib number, with your emergency details filled in (you’ll find this in your event pack);
- Back sign (you’ll find this in your event pack);
- Walking Stars t-shirt (if purchased);
- Hydration pack or water bottle;
- Mobile phone;
- Torch or headlamp;
- Light! Bright colours, glow in the dark items - it’s your time to shine!